Mop Fly Experiment...Success!

I've been seeing mop flies pop up more and more in some forums I frequent.  Stopped by the dollar store and picked up a couple car wash mitts and tied some up.  I was hoping to see a grass carp cruising to see if they might go for it, but no luck there.  However, the big bluegill loved it.  I caught several that were in the 8-9" range and fat.  One big girl stole the show though.  I've been chasing a 10" bluegill.  I didn't have my hang trough to measure, but I'm pretty sure this one eclipsed that mark.  The rod is 11 1/2" to the end of the handle for reference.








Here are a couple where you can see the mop fly that did the trick for me.   


Here are a couple other shots of some of the nice bluegill I was into.  Check out the girth on that
last one.  Several of them like that yesterday.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Golden Missile

Walter

Recent Flies